question

uppercutryan avatar image
uppercutryan asked

Testing SERVICE_NOT_OPTED_IN

I need to test if the links in my game work as specified here under "Ensuring the best Opt Out Experience": https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle/documentation/tips-and-tricks.html I can't figure out how to opt out of GameCircle, though. Thanks, Ryan.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Uppercutryan, Thank you for your post. We have forwarded your issue to the concerned team and will get back to you once we have an update.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Peter@AWS avatar image
Peter@AWS answered
Hi Ryan, that documentation was a bit confusing, since opt-out is only available on first generation Kindle Fires. (We've updated the section to mention this.) On a Kindle Fire 1, here's the procedure to opt out of GameCircle: 1. Start any game with GameCircle enabled. 2. When the "Welcome to GameCircle" toast appears, click its small "Settings" button. 3. Change the Amazon GameCircle setting to "OFF." Again, note that there is currently NO way to opt out of GameCircle on second generation Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD. Hope this helps, -peter