question

smuttlegiaco avatar image
smuttlegiaco asked

Error while importing package: Package has unknown format.

Hi, we use Unity 3.5.7 and are unable to import the 2.x GameCircle Unity package. We tried implementing it in our current project as well as in an empty project. Didn't work. We always get the error message: "Error while importing package: Package has unknown format." When I downloaded the 4.x trial version of Unity3D the import worked flawlessly. We then tried to copy the plugin folder into our 3.x project, but the game crashed, so we had to remove it again. Help is greatly appreciated, since we want to use GameCircle for all the upcoming versions of the game.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Smuttlegiaco, Thank you posting. We are already informed about this issue and it's raised to concern team. I would post back here once I get update from them. Thanks for your patience.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

smuttlegiaco answered
Hi Amazon Team, support has sent us a new plugin which should have been compatible with our Unity 3.5.7 version. But it isn't. The exact same error occurs. Any thoughts? Thanks, Martin

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Smuttlegiaco, Sorry for inconvenience. I reported the issue to our team. I will get back once I receive the response from them. Thank you for your patience.

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Smuttlegiaco, We are working on the fix. But one work around is to not import the GameCircle prefab object. You will need to add an empty game object and add the GameCircleManager script to it.

smuttlegiaco answered
Hey Sujoy, thanks for that. Strange thing is: when we try to import the plugin on our Windows machine, we don't even see the import dialogue where we could select the things to import. On our Mac it works though, so we can use your workaround. Let me know once it's fixed! Thanks again!

Sujoy@Amazon answered
We have a 3.5 package that should be posted to the dev portal before the end of the week. Thanks.

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Smuttlegiaco, The updated SDK has been posted with a fix for Unity 3.5. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk.html Thanks for bringing the issue into our notice.