question

mm avatar image
mm asked

GameCircle - does it require the appstore?

Hi, sorry if this should be obvious, but does integrating GameCircle (achievements, leaderboards) into my game require that the device also have the Amazon AppStore app installed? In comparison, I believe Google Play Services requires the Play Store app be installed. I ask because I would like also target android based micro-consoles that will not necessarily have access to install the Amazon AppStore (at least not easily), for example Ouya. Can I integrate GameCircle in generic android based devices that do not have Amazon AppStore installed? Thanks for the help
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
The GameCircle experience for Games are now available for all iOS and Android devices, including Kindle Fire. Currently Gamecircle features are independent of appstore client and works on all android devices. So you can implement your apps with Gamecircle even in the absence of appstore client. Please go through the below documentation for more information on GameCircle. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/gamecircle.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
One important note is when the app store is present in non amazon device and user is logged in to the store, GameCircle sdk would take that user. Else it would ask user to login.