question

progressivemark avatar image
progressivemark asked

"Invalid API Key" when testing after App gone live?

Hello, After one of our apps went live we are suddenly getting "Invalid API Key" when we are testing our new unreleased builds. We haven't changed anything in Security profiles or other Game Circle settings after the app went live. The live app works, but that new builds ain't, even if they are having the same bundle identifier. I double-checked with the MD5 signatures from my debug.keystore and the one keystore we officially sign with. The api_key.txt is located in the assets/ folder, and the amazon library is not having problems finding it. Is it because the app is live, and the build we are testing is not downloaded from amazon? If so, what would be the best solution to this? Make an identical app with matching achievement and leaderboards, which are only used for testing? Regards, Mark
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

progressivemark answered
It looks like the owners of these posts had similar issues, but it's unclear whether they were solved or not, and I tried the suggestions from Amazon. https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1819&tstart=0 https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1777&tstart=0

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

progressivemark answered
The problem is solved, I was getting wrong information from my colleagues, which led to the problem that they forgot to update to a new key, when they changed the bundle indentifier.