question

spheroku avatar image
spheroku asked

GameCircle Initialization

I am trying to run the GameCircleSocialExample scene in Unity and when I run it on my Android and click on Initialize GameCircle social API button I get "Fail to Initialize" error. Now this is not the first scene in my game, and I did not add any initialization scripts to my first scene, I have a button that can take me to the Example scene -- Does it matter? I just wanted to run the Example scene to make sure that my GameCircle setup on developer.amazon.com was done correctly before I take a shot at getting the functionality in my game. I can not find any explanation regarding how the Example Unity scene is supposed to work -- Is there any documentation regarding this? Or can someone give me some help on this? The only thing I modified was the LeaderboardExampleID line in GameCircleSocialLeaderboardsExample script to include the ID of the Leaderboard I created.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

spheroku avatar image
spheroku answered
I found my mistake and now the samples are working OK. The error was caused by the " api_key.txt" -- I did not noticed that I pasted the key I generated into a wrong file. It turned out the were two " api_key.txt" fies. One was in the "Assets" folder, and this was the file that was set up correctly, and there was a second file that was left blank (this was the file Game Circle plugin was looking for) This file was in "Assets/Plugins/Android/Assets"... Once I fixed this, the initializing and scores were reported to Amazon correctly.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.