question

Fol avatar image
Fol asked

urgent: GameCircle works in development, fails in release

I got GameCircle working great in the development version of our Unity game. But now that it's released, after I download it GameCircle no longer works. I tried testing the development version again and releasing an update, but it's still not working. Here's the errors I see in logcat when attempting to open the GameCircle Overlay: E/NativeActivity(20482): channel '41dc12c8 com.hiptic.fatsquirrel/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity (client)' ~ Failed to receive dispatch signal. status=-11 E/NativeActivity(20482): channel '41dc12c8 com.hiptic.fatsquirrel/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity (client)' ~ Failed to receive dispatch signal. status=-11 Edit: I'm also seeing this error when starting the game: I/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): Begin decoding API Key for packageName=com.hiptic.fatsquirrel D/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.PII(20724): APIKey: I/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): num sigs = 1 D/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.PII(20724): Signature checking.: D/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.PII(20724): Fingerpirint checking: W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): Failed to decode: Decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified! W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): java.lang.SecurityException: Decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified! W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.verifyPayload(APIKeyDecoder.java:332) W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.doDecode(APIKeyDecoder.java:127) W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder.decode(APIKeyDecoder.java:91) W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.AbstractAppIdentifier.getAppInfo(AbstractAppIdentifier.java:85) W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(20724): at com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization.api.AmazonAuthorizationManager. (AmazonAuthorizationManager.java:123) Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance! Message was edited by: Fol
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fol avatar image
Fol answered
I think I fixed it. I had to generate a new API key using the MD5 from on the Binary Upload page. The instructions explained the process fairly well when it came to the self-signed development build, but were very unclear about what to do with the release build.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lewisboadle74 avatar image
lewisboadle74 answered
Did this fix it in the production build? I'm having a similar problem, but as you say, the documentation doesn't indicate that a separate release api_key needs to be generated, using the MD5 from the binary upload page. In fact I thought the release api key was automatically inserted by Amazon during the submission process, overwriting api_key.txt inside the APK.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Lewis, GameCircle will not work in the release version of an app on any device until you associate the security profile with the application on the Distribution Portal and resubmit their app. Please follow the below steps for attaching security profile and resubmit your app in distribution portal. 1)Login into developer portal 2)Click on Apps&Services 3)Click on your App name 4)Under the App name click on security profile Tab 4) Attach corresponding security profile https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/gamecircle/docs/publish-your-game
10 |5000