question

linhdh avatar image
linhdh asked

Error with gamecircle getPlayerId() function.

Hello everyone, I'm trying to use Amazon GameCircle in my game. When i try to get PlayerId and if i use Amazon GameCircle version 1.2.2 (amazon-gamecircle-1.2.2.jar). I get error: cannot find symbol with function getPlayerId() in the following code: AmazonGamesClient.getInstance().getProfilesClient().getLocalPlayerProfile().setCallback(new AGResponseCallback () { @Override public void onComplete(com.amazon.ags.api.profiles.RequestPlayerProfileResponse result) { if (result.isError()) { m_amazongc_playerid = "0"; m_amazongc_playerName = "Guest"; } else { m_amazongc_playerid = result.getPlayer().getPlayerId(); m_amazongc_playerName = result.getPlayer().getAlias(); } } }); It seems that there is no function getPlayerId() of class Player, Player class don't have playerId property too. I can't upgrade my Amazon GameCircle to higher version right now so do you have any solution for this problem? Can you confirm that Amazon GameCircle version 1.2.2 don't have any mechanic to get PlayerId?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Linhdh, Unfortunately no. The version you are using is deprecated long back and current public version of SDK is 2.3. We do not provide any support for old version at this moment. The api you are looking at, that was introduced later so you can not find it in the SDK. Sorry for not being helpful.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

linhdh avatar image
linhdh answered
Hi Sujoy, Thank you for you quick reply. Can i get PlayerId by getPlayerId() function with Amazon GameCircle SDK version 2.2? It is a requirement for my game to get this PlayerId. Message was edited by: linhdh
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Yes, In Gamecircle 2.2, getPlayerId() API is available in Player class. Though you can't download it from developer portal since the old versions are not available for download. Thanks.
10 |5000