question

Juhika avatar image
Juhika asked

GameCircle Welcome Dialog Empty

We have a title screen where we initialize GameCircle. If you wait for the popup welcome dialog everything is displayed correctly. However, most users will quickly navigate to another Activity. The second doesn't initialize the GameCircle and we're finding the welcome dialog will be blank. We call AmazonGamesClient.release(); in our first activity's onPause, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Are there any recommendations for using GameCircle in games that use multiple activities, some of which don't need GameCircle functionality?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Juhika, Thank you for reaching out. You should always initialize GameCircle SDK in the activity where user would fall after passing initial activity used to show for splash/logo etc. If you initialize GameCircle in one activity and switch to another activity, would are supposed to see the welcome toast as it is but you would not receive any callback to onServiceReady or onServiceNotReady() and hence programmatically you will never come to know whether GC is initialized or not. I did not find any reason why do you get a blank popup for your case. But I am going to send you a sample app integrated with GameCircle and that has two activities for your reference. By pressing init button in first activity, you would initialize GC and fall to 2nd activity. Then you can see the normal welcome toast (not blank) but you will never get any callback to onServiceReady or onServiceNotReady that you have left in first activity. Please initialize GC in the activity where user would stay and play with your app.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.