question

Trey Wilson avatar image
Trey Wilson asked

GameCircle android SDK 2.3.2 - AmazonGamesCallback not being called

We've updated our games to use GameCircle v2.3.2 on android. We are seeing an issue where the AmazonGamesCallback registered in onResume when initializing does not always get called after the AmazonGamesClient is initialized. Neither onServiceReady or onServiceNotReady will get called. We can retrieve the AmazonGamesClient manually and use it like normal later on, so it is getting initialized. This seems to happen more frequently on the first run of the game. Hitting the Home key and relaunching will fix it and everything will work as expected again. Is this a known issue or is there something we may have missed that changed in the latest SDK?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

redbarngames avatar image
redbarngames answered
I'm having the exact same problem. Any solutions or workarounds to this?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, Sorry for the delay to respond. I have tried to reproduce the issue in my sample app on Kindle HDX 8.9 but failed. Further questions: 1. Is that happening in Kindle? Or Generic Android? 2. Could you see anything wrong in the logcat report when init fails? 3. Can any one from you isolate the issue in a sample app share the path of the zip? Thanks.
10 |5000

Trey Wilson avatar image
Trey Wilson answered
> 1. Is that happening in Kindle? Or Generic Android? > 2. Could you see anything wrong in the logcat report > when init fails? > 3. Can any one from you isolate the issue in a sample > app share the path of the zip? 1. We experienced the issue on both generic android and kindle devices. 2. I didn't see anything abnormal in the log cat. 3. I will try to put together a sample sometime this week.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thank you. Please zip the project and store it in some public storage and share the path with me. Thanks.
10 |5000