question

Kenneth L Lemieux avatar image
Kenneth L Lemieux asked

App rejected for Kindle Fire TV because it doesn't resume

My Unity app was just rejected for the Kindle Fire TV because it does not suspend and resume when you use the home button. It was accepted for all the other Kindle devices. It seems related to the AndroidManifest file. I'm using the GameCircleSampleAndroidManifest provided with the SDK. What is the correct setting for the entry My package is com.mycompanyname.myappname Is that correct? Is there a sample manifest that works properly with the Kindle Fire TV?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rmandel@aws avatar image
rmandel@aws answered
Kenneth, We'd like to look into your issue further, to determine the root cause of the failure for your application. Please visit the ContactUs page https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html while you are logged into the site using the same credentials you have to submit the app. In the contact, please provide the name of your application so that we can research further and resolve this issue for you. Thanks, Ron
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kenneth L Lemieux answered
OK. I used your link and sent you the name of the app so you have look. Please let me know ASAP. I'd like to keep Game Circle in the game. It doesn't really make sense without it.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kenneth, We have received your case and we are working on it actively. We will get back to you shortly. Thanks.
10 |5000

I just received your answer. All it did was confirm that the issues exist. I know the issues exist. 1. There is message about touching to continue. I can fix that. 2. The app doesn't resume properly. As far as I can tell, it doesn't resume properly because of some setting in the Amazon Game Circle Android Mainfiest sample provided in the SDK. I have tried many variations and I can get it to resume properly but then AGS doesn't run properly. I need an example Android Manifest that works with Unity and AGC. The documentation on the site appears outdated compared to the sample manifest provided. Can anyone help?
10 |5000

Here is the manifest I'm using. Can you see anything wrong with it? If I use the default manifest, Unity resumes properly.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kenneth, I did few experiments to figure out the problem of restarting the app in resume. I made an app in unity and deployed that to one of my kindle device and saw it can resume to the same state what I left it with while pressing Home button. Then I saw the difference between two manifests (one is above and another is mine what is generated by my Unity 4.3.4f1). I found the difference what is causing problem in your app. Below is my main activity definition Where as you have this So I can see that the main activity is different in two apps. Then I found below app which also use UnityPlayerProxyActivity as main activity. https://github.com/onepf/OpenIAB-angrybots I built the apk of angrybots and run it on the device and saw that it restarts the app on every app resumes (like your app). Below is the main activity definition in angrybot's manifest I think the problem is in the com.unity3d.player.[b]UnityPlayerProxyActivity[/b] Sorry for the delayed answer. Thanks.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
I see you have posted the same issue in unity forum also. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/245786-App-Rejection-on-Kindle-Fire-TV?p=1627381&viewfull=1#post1627381 Let me know if you have any further query. Thanks.
10 |5000