question

zdeveloper avatar image
zdeveloper asked

Adobe Air - GameCircle 2.x

It looks like an Adobe Air plugin for GameCircle 2.x has not been released, and 1.x is no longer supported. Can I get a confirmation that all Adobe Air support has been dropped? We currently have an unreleased game in its final testing phase that had the old plugin implemented months ago. When looking for where to put the API key, I noticed warning text all over the 1.x documentation. We are using GameCircle strictly for WhisperSync.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SK-DEV avatar image
SK-DEV answered
We've developed and published the game using Adobe Air and consider implementing GameCircle in future updates. Also would like to hear about GameCircle ANE development.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, Thanks both of you for valuable feedback. We're actively looking into it. I can not commit any ETA at this moment.
10 |5000

Egri Alexandru avatar image
Egri Alexandru answered
Hello, from my understanding GameCircle 1.x is no longer available to be used on new games? Please confirm this, we are currently developing a game we would like to publish on Amazon and it would be very helpful to know this before implementing a Leaderboard in the Amazon version.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Egri, I understand your concern. I am really sorry to say again that I can not commit on the release date.
10 |5000

Peter@AWS avatar image
Peter@AWS answered
Hi Egri, you're correct. GameCircle v1.x is deprecated for new development, although existing titles may continue to use it to maintain compatibility. -peter
10 |5000

overlawled avatar image
overlawled answered
If Amazon chooses not to make an ANE I would imagine there's nothing stopping the community from doing so, yes?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Overlawled, Could you please clarify your query a little? Do you want to make an ANE on your own for GameCircle 2.0?
10 |5000

overlawled avatar image
overlawled answered
Correct. If Amazon chooses to not make an official ANE.
10 |5000

Egri Alexandru avatar image
Egri Alexandru answered
I would gladly buy such an ANE if it were made available
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Overlawled, Yes, you are free to make ANE for GameCircle 2.0 SDK and use it in your app. No issue from our side. Thanks.
10 |5000