question

meyumeapps avatar image
meyumeapps asked

Apple rejected FOUR of our apps that use Game Circle today

Four of our apps were rejected out of hand by Apple, all for the same reason. It's getting more and more difficult to get apps past Apple which use Game Circle, shame because we like Game Circle a lot. Here's the reason, any help / feedback much appreciated. Thanks Reasons 10.6: Apple and our customers place a high value on simple, refined, creative, well thought through interfaces. They take more work but are worth it. Apple sets a high bar. If your user interface is complex or less than very good it may be rejected 10.6 We found the following issues with the user interface of your app: The app opens a web page in mobile Safari for logging in, then returns the user to the app. The user should be able log in without opening Safari first. Specifically, we noticed the app brings users outside to Safari in order to login to "Amazon GameCircle."
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, Thanks for reporting this. I am forwarding this to the concerned team here. I will get back to you soon.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

meyumeapps avatar image
meyumeapps answered
Hi, any update? We have another SIX pending app updates and I fear Apple is going to reject the lot :( This is getting urgent for us. Thanks
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Meyumeapps, We are actively looking into the issue. Thank you for your patience. Can you please provide below two things through ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) 1. The affected app names, iTunes links 2. The relevant message that you have got from Apple. Please refer this thread your in the case you going to create through ContactUs.
10 |5000

meyumeapps avatar image
meyumeapps answered
Hi, I've sent the message. Cheers Scott
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Received.
10 |5000

meyumeapps avatar image
meyumeapps answered
What's the latest? Apple still aren't budging. I've asked Apple to confirm that they will now reject ALL apps that use the Amazon Game Circle SDK. If they can't agree to this then they have no right to reject my apps. They have said they will schedule a phone call with me. I'd rather Amazon dealt with this.
10 |5000

meyumeapps avatar image
meyumeapps answered
Okay - no response from Amazon and no dice with Apple. This leaves me no choice but to remove Game Circle from my Apple apps - not what I wanted to do.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Meyumeapps, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are still following up with the concerned team here. Please bare with us.
10 |5000

meyumeapps avatar image
meyumeapps answered
Okay, I will wait to hear.
10 |5000

meyumeapps avatar image
meyumeapps answered
Okay, can't wait any longer. Have had a phone conversation with Apple. These apps won't be approved until Amazon change the way the login process works for Game Circle. Specifically they suggest that Amazon implement the login at a web view rather than taking the into Safari. I have now removed Game Circle from these apps and re-submitted. I am now also in the process of removing Game Circle from my other Apple apps.
10 |5000