question

M. Kirk avatar image
M. Kirk asked

Not able to turn on sharing?

Every game I log into tells me my profile is hidden. I got to my profile and am prompted to "Turn Sharing Back On". I click OK, and it just keeps popping up over & over. I have even gone through the settings tab on my kindle. How do I enable the sharing option to edit/share my profile? Kindle Fire HD 7" is my device. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Krik, Thank you for writing to us. Can you please try again by sharing your GameCircle Nickname in Kindle Fire Device? Steps to share your GameCircle nickname in Kindle Fire Device 1) Navigate to the 'Games' tab from the devices Home screen. 2) Select 'Settings' from the softkey menu button. 3) Select 'Show' from 'Share your GameCircle Nickname'. Make sure that you are adding existing Nickname.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Grenadier avatar image
Grenadier answered
I've been having the same problem for over a year. I submitted a ticket to support, and eventually was told that the account had been marked that the user was a minor. I'm 44 years old, and there's no reason for the account to be marked as a minor. Did anyone ever get a fix for the original poster's problem? I'd like to be able to share my profile too. If I go to the Games-SoftMenu-Profile, and try to "Turn Sharing Back On" it just loops if you hit OK. You have to hit "no thanks" to get out. If you go to Games-SoftMenu-Settings and try to "Share your GameCircle Nickname", you can tap "show" and exit the screen. When you come back in though, it will be back to "hide". There is no way to make the "show" setting stick. I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9".
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Grenadier, Thank you for contacting us. Can you please raise a case through Contact Us ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) and provide us the email id that you use to register to Kindle device? This is to protect the personal information it will allows us to validate your identity and discuss your account specific information in a context that will not expose personal and proprietary information. Thanks.
10 |5000