question

turbojoys avatar image
turbojoys asked

weired game circle sign in behaviour | Unity game

greeting all i am new to the amazon service as a gamer and a developer. to be honest, i hav never used game circle for gaming be4, so dont really know what is normal and what is not. so here is what i thought was weired i set up this test app in the dev console and set up everything properly, and when i tested it on my android phone. i was able to got the service going and overlay shown ( with guest status of course ). then i didnt touch the sign in button i set up specificly for sign in function, the sign in window would just pop up as soon as the overlay shown. question: is GC sign in window auto pop up after service is ready? and what is realy annoying is that the sign in window would pop back up again whenever i close it without sign in. ok, then i tried to sign in with my dev acct, it would pop back up and show me i m still a guest no matter how many times i try to press the connect button on that page so i was not able to sign in, neither could i close the sign in window. anyone experience this be4? question: is this what would happen, if game circle is unpublished, and no tester is assigned in GC config? or was it because i was using android to test?(least likely since my service could be started) one thing i m still trying to do is, to add my test account to the game circle config. but i got to ask, how do i got a nick name from my dev acct? i hav been trying every where for this nick name la. is there a web page where i can set up my game circle player profile? i thought about getting a game to help me set up this, due to the region that i m in now, i cant download game from amazon any advise would be great
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello, Turbojoys: To answer your questions: question: is GC sign in window auto pop up after service is ready? Answer: If you are on an Android device and not already signed into GameCircle via your Amazon.com account, then the answer would be yes. As long as you modify your AndroidManifest.xml as we describe in https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/gamecircle/docs/initialize-android#Step%203.%20Update%20your%20AndroidManifest.xml%20File , you will be able to sign in successfully and then instead when the GameCircle services are available it will greet you using your GameCircle username. Is this what would happen, if game circle is unpublished, and no tester is assigned in GC config? GameCircle should behave the same for the login process whether you have your app published or not as long as you have or was it because i was using android to test?(least likely since my service could be started) The only differences between GameCircle on our Fire devices and on standard Android are our social capabilities for GameCircle are exclusive to Fire devices at this time, and because Fire devices are registered to an Amazon.com account, you don't need to sign in like you would on the Android client. how do i got a nick name from my dev acct? Once you sign in for the first time GameCircle creates a login name for you. The AGSPlayer class in the Unity Plugin gives you the alias required for whitelisting your account in GameCircle. You can look at the AmazonGameCircleExamplePlayer.cs file under the GameCircle Example that comes with our Unity project for details as to how to retrieve player data from GameCircle. is there a web page where i can set up my game circle player profile? There is not a web page to configure a GameCircle profile at this time. You can set it up from the GameCircle overlay once you can invoke it, however. From the overlay, which you can get to by either calling AGSLeaderboardsClient.ShowLeaderboardsOverlay(); or AGSAchievementsClient.ShowAchievementsOverlay(); then you can click on Edit next to your GameCircle Alias to change it.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

turbojoys avatar image
turbojoys answered
actually, i hav identified the problem not long after i made the request, thx for reply, although it was a bit late the reason why i got that auto pop up shown mentioned previously, was that i put the showGCoverlay() in the "service is ready" event callback. i was misleaded by the event call back name, and thought the event must be called at start and will only be called once. but apparently, this event callback will be called whenever you resume the game, so that is why, when i try to close the GC window, it will auto pop back up again
10 |5000