question

radiangames avatar image
radiangames asked

Failed to re-package resources (GameCircle and Unity 5)

I'm trying to build my game using the latest Unity 5 beta (18). It's using the latest version of the GameCircle plug-in downloaded from the Unity Asset Store, and all my Android SDKs are updated to the latest versions as well. I'm following the steps for Unity integration that I've used successfully in 10 other games ( https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/gamecircle/docs/unity-setup), though those were all in Unity 4.X. When I try to build my current game for Amazon, I get the following error (about half-way through the build process): Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to re-package resources. See the Console for details. C:\Android\sdk\build-tools\21.1.2\aapt.exe package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "C:/Android/sdk/platforms/android-21\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ stderr [ AndroidManifest.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/GCOverlay'). AndroidManifest.xml:23: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/GCAlert'). ] ...(MORE DATA ABOUT MISSING PNGS)... Basically it can't find the themes for GCAlert and GCOverlay. I'm pretty sure removing those lines from the AndroidManifest.xml (I'm using the one from the plug-in and modified it as shown in the setup above) would only cause an issue with GC in the game. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Thanks, Luke
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

radiangames avatar image
radiangames answered
FYI: With the latest version of Unity 4.5.5p5, the game builds fine. I'll just submit with that, even though it might crash on a few random Andreno-based devices.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.