question

titovmaxim avatar image
titovmaxim asked

Amazon GameCircle Achievements & Leaderboards

I'm implementing GameCircle SDK with Achievements and Leaderboards in my game. Now it is time to test them but I do not have Kindle Fire or other Amazon devices. So there are two questions: 1. Is it possible to use non-Amazon android device for testing? If yes, then how to install GameCircle on the device and get the valid nickname (to be added as test account)? 2. If testing is impossible on non-Amazon devices, how to install emulator? Can not find any valid link. Many thanks in advance. Message was edited by: titovmaxim
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
GameCircle is available on all Android devices, not just Amazon devices. On a non-Amazon Android device, the user would be identified as "guest" user upon the first launch of your GameCircle integrated app. They will then have an option to login to their Amazon account using OAuth 2.0. Once the GameCircle integration works well in non-Amazon devices, you should expect it to work well on Amazon devices also. The only difference users will see is that on Amazon devices, the user will be logged in automatically with the Amazon account that was used to register the device and small differences in the flow.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

titovmaxim avatar image
titovmaxim answered
Thanks a lot. Everything is clear.
10 |5000

arhat-baid avatar image
arhat-baid answered
I have integrated Amazon Game Circle but not yet uploaded on Amazon App store and I don't have a Kindle or a Fire phone to test it,all I have is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Now my problem is that when the Leaderboard appears it shows me as guest and when I try to sign in using my pair of Id n Password which I use to get into Developers Console it shows "web page not available"... So what Should I do from here? thanks In Advance.
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Please make sure your manifest file is updated as per the gamecircle documentation: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/gamecircle/docs/initialize-android#Step 3. Update your AndroidManifest.xml File Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

arhat-baid avatar image
arhat-baid answered
Ya did that part already. So like what is the solution of the problem that I'm facing?
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, There may be an issue with your gamecircle config. To make sure there are no issues, I'd suggest creating a new GameCircle profile and associating your app with the new profile with new achievements and leaderboards to see if those fix the issues. You can export the csv file for the previous profile to help make the transition easier. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000