question

agamedev avatar image
agamedev asked

Unable to initialize GameCircle with Unity

I have followed all the instructions about setting up the API key within Unity for the debug keystore. When I launch the app, I also get a white popup at the bottom where it says GameCircle is available for this client. However, the SDK always returns Service is not ready and the status CANNOT_INITIALIZE when I try to call AGSClient.Init(). Any ideas why this could be happening? The log seems to point at the fact that the problem is that the device is not a Kindle Fire. However, your GameCircle SDK home page claims that the SDK supports all devices now: AbstractAppIdentifier(18307): Finding API Key for com.mindstormstudios.coinparty.amazon ThirdPartyResourceParser(18307): Attempting to parse API Key from assets directory APIKeyDecoder(18307): Begin decoding API Key for packageName=com.mindstormstudios.coinparty.amazon APIKeyDecoder.PII(18307): APIKey: APIKeyDecoder(18307): num sigs = 1 APIKeyDecoder.PII(18307): Signature checking.: APIKeyDecoder.PII(18307): Fingerpirint checking: APIKeyDecoder(18307): scopes has no mapping in json, returning null array APIKeyDecoder(18307): perm has no mapping in json, returning null array KindleFireIPCProxy(18307): Device does not appear to be a Kindle Fire. KindleFireIPCProxy(18307): Changing Status from:INITIALIZING to: UNIVERSAL_NOT_SUPPORTED AmazonInsightsSDK(18307): Event: GameC... recorded to local filestore GC_AsynchronousReplyMessenger(18307): Request b776ae4a-981f-4aa3-bd44-7ce56ef4b79b timed out. Unity (18307): GameCircleManager - serviceNotReady Unity (18307): Unity (18307): (Filename: ./Runtime/ExportGenerated/AndroidManaged/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54) Unity (18307): Unity (18307): GameCircle: Service is not ready:CANNOT_INITIALIZE
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

agamedev avatar image
agamedev answered
Just to be more specific, can you confirm whether the below lines in the log imply that the GameCircle SDK will not support the non-kindle device it is being tested on? KindleFireIPCProxy(18307): Device does not appear to be a Kindle Fire. KindleFireIPCProxy(18307): Changing Status from:INITIALIZING to: UNIVERSAL_NOT_SUPPORTED
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

agamedev avatar image
agamedev answered
The error message above was exactly the problem. GameCircle did not support a particular Android device - Nexus S with Android 4.1.2.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Agamedev, GameCircle 2.0 works on all android devices having latest AppStore version installed. Could you please check whether your app store client is the latest one on the target Nexus? From the log you have pasted from logcat, it seems that the sdk is unable to resolve the required service.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Correction: Game Circle 2.x works in Android devices irrespective of App store client.
10 |5000

anansekmensah avatar image
anansekmensah answered
I'm not on Unity but I get the same log messages. I'm on a Nexus S using android 4.1.2 and GameCircle Android SDK 2.3.0. As this is my only testing device and trying in the emulator is wonky, I'm putting off GameCircle integration until this is fixed. Message was edited by: anansekmensah
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Anansekmensah, I just sent you a working sample app integrated Gamecircle 2.3.0 in your registered mail address. Please check.
10 |5000

anansekmensah avatar image
anansekmensah answered
Same issue with the sample app. Please test on a Nexus S running 4.1.2.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Anansekmensah, I am forwarding the case to the concerned team for further investigation. I will get back shortly.
10 |5000

Andrey Maklakov avatar image
Andrey Maklakov answered
Hello. Is there any solution to this problem? We have same issue on several devices, for example, Sony Erricson R800a with android 2.3.4. We use latest Game Circle SDK and latest AppStore app.
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, The usual cause of a CANNOT_INITIALIZE error is the package name or signature not being registered correctly in the developer portal, or the game being unable to find the api_key.txt in your application files. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000