question

ryangilmour avatar image
ryangilmour asked

GameCircle iOS 64-bit support

I've downloaded the latest GameCircle SDK but it doesn't seem to have support for 64-bit on iOS. Can someone from Amazon confirm if this is the case and if so when we might expect this support to be added? The deadline for new apps to support 64-bit is approaching fast ;-).
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Ryan, Thank you for pointing that out. We have verified that the GameCircle framework does not support 64 bit architectures at this time. We are escalating this to the appropriate internal team for consideration in a future release of the GameCircle SDK. You can also verify this by using the following terminal command: lipo -info ./Apps-SDK/iOS/GameCircle/GameCircle.framework/Versions/A/GameCircle Architectures in the fat file: GameCircle are: armv7 armv7s i386
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ryangilmour avatar image
ryangilmour answered
Thanks for the quick reply Doug. Do you have any idea of the timeframe for when 64-bit support might be available?
10 |5000

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Ryan, Unfortunately we cannot give a timeline as to when this would be added. I can say, however checking all of our other framework libraries(Mobile Ads,Login With Amazon, Analytics) that the rest of our SDKs are compiled with arm64 as an architecture included in their respective fat binaries.
10 |5000

ryangilmour avatar image
ryangilmour answered
Okay, thanks Doug :-).
10 |5000

UncleFegg avatar image
UncleFegg answered
I've just been told in another post that iOS support for GameCircle has been dropped by an Amazon guy. Anyone else know what's really going on?
10 |5000

nnty avatar image
nnty answered
I'd love to know what's going on with this as well. It just seems that just about any mention of iOS support, 64 bit or otherwise, has silently vanished. I'd especially like to know if anything is going to be done about the Unity plugin regarding this, if it's just been abandoned or if it'll ever be updated to either remove the iOS components of it or actually update iOS 64 support. The clients I'm working with have quite an older game and now that Apple's game requirements have been changed to require 64 bit this is kind of a problem, otherwise I wouldn't even be bothering with the outdated Unity plugin.
10 |5000

UncleFegg avatar image
UncleFegg answered
I've posted two long questions on this issue. Lots of trouble submitting apps to Apple that use GameCircle. It's why Amazon pulled iOS support. We have been rejected several times due to the external sign-in alone. Required a) No external Amazon sign-in that requires leaving the app (we have been rejected updates on that one, Apple will not budge.) b) 64bit iOS support (Luck of the draw if the Apple tester lets the sign-in through...) c) Or a migration system that will allow us to retrieve user data from the local cache without the login requirement (since it's local :) ) All we needed was a way to get into the guest cache without the pop-up. Seems that was impossible (I don't believe that for one second since you can use local gamecircle with no network/internet connection.) Basically our stats are now locked in the Amazon system, can't submit a new version to retrieve them even. Amazon gave up answering...I think that was May.
10 |5000