question

Pompi avatar image
Pompi asked

In-Apps and GameCircle a good enough solution for my sports game?

I am working on a sports game for Android and iOS. I would like to have support for registered accounts so people will be able to play against each other online in matches or tournaments. So I would like to have match results, win/lose records for registered users and maybe some in apps with hats or whatever for the sports players in-game. The accounts are just for tracking scores and in apps as I already have something that does the client/server networking. I guess it's not realistic to have something like this cross iOS/Android so I guess for iOS I will just use GameCenter. What kind of solution should I use for Google Play/Android/Amazon or OUYA(relevant by now?) that will apply to all of them with just a single API?(And will be able to do what I require) The issue with GameCircle though is very limited support for scores records... I would have preferred to use maybe Google's API, but is it supported on the Amazon OS? Not sure...
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Google's APIs are only supported if you're targeting non-Amazon devices, but as you correctly stated, you will need to use GameCircle if you are targetting Amazon devices. 1.1 multiplayer support isn't supported under game circle however, so you may have to look into alternative options. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pompi avatar image
Pompi answered
10 |5000