question

John Arnold avatar image
John Arnold asked

Runtime exception from Amazon GameCircle (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException)

Hi, I've got a crash report from a user who is trying to sign in to Amazon GameCircle with our game. We are using Amazon GameCircle Unity Plugin Version 2.5.2 with Amazon GameCircle Android SDK Version 2.4.2. OS Version: 4.2.2 Hardware Device: bq edison 2 Quad Core Here is what the user reports happening. Stack traces recovered from the admin dashboard are included as well. Thanks! "The process goes as follows: 1. He taps the multiplayer option 2. A message with the SotM style is displayed "Signing into Amazon Gamecircle" 3. A Web view (I assume) is open with the amazon login screen (with the options "log in" or "sign up") 4. He taps the "log in" option 5. Then the app crashes, and a dialog with the message "The Application Sentinels of the Multiverse has stopped" is displayed. At the same time, in the background a chrome window opens, redirecting to an amazon page to confirm that he wants to add SotM to gamecircle. Unfortunately, tapping "yes" does not work there, since the app has already stopped. Most of this interactions (from step 3 onwards) are done in Spanish, so I have provided an approximated translation of the messages." Stack Traces: https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/533c5f517987ac4d721d2770/563a7b108e0974aa2e8515f7/cddc3ad67c52f15608aa05f130dce335/stack_trace_1.txt https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/533c5f517987ac4d721d2770/563a7b108e0974aa2e8515f7/3c0f475e21efeda9e8bea914c30e3bf4/stack_trace_2.txt
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting. Have you been able to reproduce this issue on any other devices? I've never seen that error before, so this could be something specific to that device. Regardless, any other information would be appreciated. Thanks! Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Arnold avatar image
John Arnold answered
We have not reproduced it on any of our own test devices, and we have not seen the crash log appear from any other device. Are there any questions I can forward on to the affected player, or can I put you in touch directly with them?
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hey there, If this is just a single one of your players, I'd suggest they reach out to customer support who would be able to help further. It doesn't look like anything is wrong with your configuration, so this could be specific to their device. Regardless, CS should be able to assist them further. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201357410&ref_=hp_ss_comp_cu_v4&; Thanks! Jamie
10 |5000

John Arnold avatar image
John Arnold answered
So far we've only seen it from the one player. I've let them know to contact Amazon customer support at that link, thanks!
10 |5000