question

djfrail avatar image
djfrail asked

GameCircle CANNOT_INITIALIZE problem only on some devices

I'm Live App testing GameCircle in my game on several devices. It initializes fine every time on my HDX7, but on my Kindle Fire 1st and 2nd gens and FireTV Stick, it sometimes initializes ok and sometimes returns "Amazon GameCircle Initialization failed:CANNOT_INITIALIZE." I'm trying to figure out why it's so inconsistent about initializing. One weird thing - it seems that if I run my game and it returns CANNOT_INITIALIZE, and then I kick it out of memory by going to Settings/Applications/Installed Applications/My Game and Force Stop, then run my game again, it then Initializes GameCircle with no problem. Weird. The only thing I can think of that could be a factor is the security profile I'm using has 4 different API keys in there. I only need one of those, but I don't believe there's a way to delete the unused keys. Also - from the Live App test I get one ATS Result which says Observation:GameCircle Registration Incomplete. Your app may not have an associated security profile or you may not have linked the API key with the corresponding security profile during the GameCircle registration process. Anybody have any ideas? I'm ready to release except for this issue. Thanks!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
As this issue is personal to your app, I have responded to the case you have opened directly with us. Thanks! Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

djfrail avatar image
djfrail answered
I believe I found the cause of the problem - Chartboost! I disabled that and tested on several devices and it seems to log into GameCircle. I now wait to initialize Chartboost after GameCircle initializes in and that seems to be working ok.
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Thanks for letting us know. Glad you were able to get it resolved! Will definitely pass this info back to the team.
10 |5000