question

yadayada avatar image
yadayada asked

File size limits

I was very disappointed to notice Amazon's clandestine removal of ranged GET request for content downloads, which made downloads for files larger than 10GB possible. If it is possible to successfully upload a certain file, it should also be possible to download it later. At the very least, Amazon should publish these file size limits. This makes absolutely no sense as it is.
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

likenun avatar image
likenun answered
I've yet to successfully upload a file over 16GB using the official desktop client, a third-party client, or the web site. I might just cancel when the trial period is over seeing how this service is so crippled.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yadayada avatar image
yadayada answered
I have not tested it myself, but I believe the upload limit is somewhat above 40GB. See https://github.com/yadayada/acd_cli/issues/8#issuecomment-99783989
10 |5000

yadayada avatar image
yadayada answered
It's working again :)
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Thanks for confirming!
10 |5000

yadayada avatar image
yadayada answered
So, can you report anything on the actual limits?
10 |5000

yadayada avatar image
yadayada answered
The download of large files is broken again. Is this going to happen every week? Are you fixing this or disabling it?
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Currently, we are actively working on improving our upload/download limits, and we should have a fix in place by early next month. Regardless, we are currently verifying what our new limits will be, so please hang tight. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

issam2204 avatar image
issam2204 answered
Hello Jamie@Amazon, can you please update us on the current status of file size limits? Thanks!
10 |5000

yadayada avatar image
yadayada answered
I've noticed there's been a change recently. Is there anything you can state officially?
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting! For any specific issues, please feel free to contact the team directly at clouddrive-api-support@amazon.com with file size limit issues concerning your app. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000