question

Ian X. Martins avatar image
Ian X. Martins asked

file upload fails with Node Already Exists message

I am getting the following error when attempting to upload a file to a folder, where another file with the same name had been deleted. to be clear, here are the steps to reproduce: 1. create folder 2. upload file to folder 3. delete file 4. upload same file to same folder it will fail with this message: "Node with the name {filename} already exists under parentId {folder id} conflicting NodeId: {deleted file id}" if I make a request for all nodes (/drive/v1/nodes/) the deleted file will show up in the list of results, but it's parents will be []. if I get the list of children of the folder in which I want to upload the file (/drive/v1/nodes/{folder id}/children/), it will return []. since the deleted file isn't in the folder, what is preventing me from putting another file in the folder?
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sean Callahan avatar image
Sean Callahan answered
Thank you for your post. In our current name conflict check, we don’t consider a trashed file. Trashed files only show up in listTrash operation, not listNodes. Can you please try again to see if this is just a transient bug? If you still experience this error please send us an email to clouddrive-api-support@amazon.com. In the email, please include the customerId/nodeId having this issue.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Craig-Wood avatar image
Nick Craig-Wood answered
I've found this problem too. What happens is that the file's status changes to "PURGED" and it sticks around in the directory for a short time after that. I found that a 1 second sleep was enough for it to disappear from the directory listing. Alternatively if you are just overwriting a file then you can use PUT : { {contentUrl}}/nodes/{id}/content instead of a delete then re-upload.
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, I've passed your feedback on to the team and it has been noted as a feature request. Thanks! Regards, Jamie
10 |5000