question

Andrey avatar image
Andrey asked

Why do I need to ask to Whitelist my App to start developing?

Hi! As I understand I can't just start testing Cloud Drive API but have to wait for Review (I have "unknown scope" error). I searched for some review rules but didn't found any so I don't know if my submission will succeed or fail and when. So why I can't just test my code with my own account or even sandbox? It works just fine for many other similar services, say Google APIs, FB, Dropbox, Box,... Message was edited by: Andrey
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sean Callahan avatar image
Sean Callahan answered
Thanks for your post Andrey. We also noticed you wrote in to support in regards to this issue. It looks like there may have been an error in whitelisting your client id. That issue has been rectified. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ryan T Henson avatar image
Ryan T Henson answered
I concur. I want to see what I can do with the API using my account without having to register a test application.
10 |5000

Jiasheng Zhuang avatar image
Jiasheng Zhuang answered
Probably nothing. You cannot request the permission of Cloud Drive when you are doing the OAuth login: not even for yourself. Just ask for the permission. It's quick, and simple.
10 |5000

coticj avatar image
coticj answered
How long does it ussualy take to whitelist a security profile? I'm waiting from last week, but it's still not done.
10 |5000

Sean Callahan avatar image
Sean Callahan answered
Whitelisting is self-serve and happens instantly after you provide the necessary information. You click the link below to instantly whitelist your client/app id. When your development is complete and you want us to increase your rate/throttling limits please follow the App Review instructions in the Developer Guide. https://developer.amazon.com/cd/sp/overview.html
10 |5000