question

icamobile avatar image
icamobile asked

4 week wait for app review

Hello, Recently we updated one of our apps with Amazon Cloud Drive support. We did so because some of our users requested support for it. After the implementation we submitted the app by email to Amazon for review, as required. This already has been 4 weeks ago, a time frame which is an enormous long wait in app development. In the mean time we implemented a lot of bug fixes as well into the update but we still can't release the update. By email we had contact and were told last week it should be finished during last week, however, today we heard they don't know when the review will be finished... Would be great to get an idea how long the review process will take. Thanks.
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MikeF avatar image
MikeF answered
Yikes, 4 weeks is a bit longer than I was expecting. Has anyone else been through review and want to share how long it took?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dalzzun avatar image
dalzzun answered
I'm curious about that, too. We submitted review request Apr 13 and it's already past a month.
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hey guys, Unfortunately, some apps do take some time to be approved due to their risk (read-write access sync clients for desktop in particular). However, we are constantly approving apps, and some of you should have already received some feedback about necessary changes that are needed. If you haven't, your app may simply need a more thorough review. If you could let me know which apps you're waiting on, I'd be happy to follow up, or feel free to contact the team directly at clouddrive-api-support@amazon.com where you should be able to find out your app's current status. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

dalzzun avatar image
dalzzun answered
Thanks for the update. Our app finally approved. :)
10 |5000