question

Stephen RB avatar image
Stephen RB asked

Using Cloud Drive API for backend content

My family has recently started backing up family pictures, videos, etc. to a single Cloud Drive account. I don't have much experience with it, but I noticed it had an API and thought it would be neat to throw up a website as a front end to the content for other family members. The only thing I'm not sure about is that I would have to use the main account that has all the uploaded resources, but the API seems more for acting like a client to the user's own Cloud Drive account. Is it possible to use one main account to serve up the content for the website? Seems like I would have to store credentials on a backend to allow the website to login and get the OAuth token for the main account and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, It may be easier for you to just login to our website with the same credentials since we've already built a front end. Regardless, you could build a web app and make it private/behind a firewall, so that only your family or selected users may have access. For example, you could auth into your own app, store the token, and then give the URL to your family members to access the pictures without them needing to sign in. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.