question

A. Ronen avatar image
A. Ronen asked

Reviews from customers who did not purchase the app

Hello, We've got low ratings from a customers in the style of "Why would anyone buy this ? it looks stupid." which also gave 1 or 2 stars ratings. This obviously damages the total rating, and the ranking of the app, and is really not genuine. It also makes it easier for a person who just wants to cause damage for some reason whichever it will be. I want to know if this silly system of ratings without purchasing the app is going to continue, or something is being done about it ? As I recall, I'm not the first one who complains about it. Good day.
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Henderson@Amazon avatar image
Henderson@Amazon answered
Thank you for notifying us of the issue. We will investigate and will post a response to this thread or an Announcement to the forum, shortly. In the meantime, can you please provide specific details of the issue and any technical information you may have via the Contact Us form available at https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

amap12 avatar image
amap12 answered
I also think that they shouldn't allow reviews by users who haven't purchased an app who post a review solely to complain about the price of an app. It doesn't help to submit a support ticket. I tried, and I got back a generic response that just said that the review didn't violate any of the guidelines. Well, they really need to add to the guidelines to prevent this.
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi amap12, Customer Reviews are an important part of the Amazon customer experience. We place a high value on our customers’ opinions and provide a forum for customers to share, learn and relate their experiences, whether positive or negative.  If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, click on the Report abuse link under the review. This information will be sent to Amazon.com for consideration. Reviews will not be considered for removal unless they violate one of these rules: •    Includes spoilers or crucial plot elements. •    Is composed of plagiarized content •    Includes profanity or spiteful remarks; obscene or distasteful content. •    Includes phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs. •    Includes advertisements, watermarks on videos, or promotional material. Thank you.
10 |5000

A. Ronen avatar image
A. Ronen answered
A quote from the definition page of the term "Review" (Wikipedia) : "A consumer review refers to a review written by the owner of a product or the user of a service who has [b]sufficient experience[/b] to comment on reliability and whether or not the product or service delivers on its promises, otherwise known as product reviews" 1. The owner of a product can't respond to his own product unless he bought something on Amazon. 2. Those people who just comment about the price/idea/target audience of the product and did not even downloaded it, does not have 'sufficient experience' with it. Therefore, their comment cannot be considered as a review. You choose to ignore this fact, and to justify fake reviews. It's a shame, because it's just another advantage Google Play has over you, and another discouragement for developers.
10 |5000

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will forward your suggestion to concerned team.
10 |5000