question

garybob@91 avatar image
garybob@91 asked

Amazon Cloud drive - Why is End Point should be cached three to five day?

To make our application strong we would like to have more information about caching from three to five day EndPoint. What happen after these three to five days with the metadataUrl and contentUrl, do they expire? If yes, why are they expiring randomly between three to five day? Because it is really vague, my first idea is to go get the links everytime. I understand why amazon don't wan't us to go get these link everytime, it make unnecessary request. If we could have something more precise it would definitely help us doing the best code for us and Amazon. Thank you.
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

smping avatar image
smping answered
If you look at the two urls you receive, you'll note that they contain region information. (e.g. content-na.drive.amazonaws.... or cdws.us-east-1.amazonaws...) Basically, a user's data location could change and those endpoints will reflect their new location if it does. If I were to guess, part of why there are region specific endpoints is for performance. I would guess that old urls still work, but will be slower as requests are redirected/proxied to the correct region.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.