question

gadgetguy avatar image
gadgetguy asked

PC Based Application Allowed?

Are we restricted to building applications for just ios,android and amazon platforms or can we also build windows & mac applications that use the Amazon Cloud Drive? Also, how do I submit a windows based application for approval?
amazon drive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting! As far as PC applications go, we don't directly provide an SDK to ease Windows development. If you want to hit our endpoint, you can do it from whatever OS you want. I'd recommend you submit a test build in exactly the same fashion as all of the others to ensure everything is functioning correctly. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vlad-t avatar image
vlad-t answered
Hi! I've got yet another question regarding PC application: Is "Login-with-Amazon" the only way to authenticate a PC user? And if so, how can I use it from within C code _[b]without[/b]_ Web-browser?
10 |5000

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
Hello, Yes, Login with Amazon is the only way to get an app (regardless of platform) authorized. Since we don't have an SDK for C you would need to formulate http requests to use our RESTful API. Please take a look at our documentation on Cloud Drive's RESTful API here: - https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/experience/cloud-drive/content/restful-api-getting-started
10 |5000

Shane Dickson avatar image
Shane Dickson answered
You're going to have a hard time trying to authenticate a user without using a browser window. Using the RESTful api, you have to use oAuth to authenticate. At least, that's what I had to do.
10 |5000