question

rgbbot avatar image
rgbbot asked

Is the "Customer support email address" visible to users?

Two weeks ago I got a 1-star review of my app, so last week I released an update that I hope fixes the issue. The user never contacted me at the support email address supplied when submitting the app and I was wondering if they can even find the address in the store. All I can think of to do so far is comment on his review and ask him to try the update for the app and/or contact me at the support address -- that is, if it is even displayed somewhere in the appstore. Anybody know if that's the case?? Thanks in advance for any advice.
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi rgbbot, Commenting to the customer review is the one way you can ask him to upgrade to the latest version of your app. We have option to contact customer service by clicking on "If you need help or have a question for Customer Service, contact us." down the page. Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sascha Hlusiak avatar image
Sascha Hlusiak answered
from what I can see, the support email address is nowhere shown in the app shop app or on the web. there seems to be no way for customers to contact the developer of the app other than reporting to the amazon customer service. the support email address is probably used for amazon to contact the developer, if at all. I hope they do forward important messages from customers upstream to the developers. remember that people who buy your app are not your customers; they are amazon's customers and amazon is your customer. you basically sell your app to amazon, that's probably why the communication or reporting options are so poor, or even the developer support. The best is to put your support email address inside your app, so the users can get in contact with you.

rgbbot avatar image
rgbbot answered
Good advice all around. I guess the current setup at least has the advantage of keeping spam at bay.

xROACHMANx avatar image
xROACHMANx answered
Indeed both customer support website/email needs to be placed in your app code, same goes for links/code that refer to any other apps you have for sale/download. This allows you to have direct contact with your customer base with no middle man email system. That's just my opinion tho. Good thread man