question

joestinson avatar image
joestinson asked

Problem sharing apps on 2nd Kindle Fire HD on Account

I've registered 2 Kindle Fire HDs on 1 Amazon account. On the primary Fire, I've downloaded several apps, including Facebook. However the FB app does not show in the Apps section on the 2nd Kindle Fire HD. I tried to download the app onto the 2nd Fire, but received an error message indicating that the app had already been installed. How do I gain access to the app on the 2nd Fire HD?
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Once you purchase an app from an account, you can use it on any compatible device registered with the same account. If you try to purchase it again on the second device, you will get "Already purchased" error. I tried the same scenario by registering two devices with the same account. I was able to successfully download Facebook on the second device from the cloud. Please sync your second device and search for the app on the cloud. You will be able to see the app in the cloud and will be able to successfully download it from there. If you face the issue of "Already installed", please uninstall the app from your device and try again.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Keith W. Lawless avatar image
Keith W. Lawless answered
Thanks for the tip about Sync'ing. I was banging my head against the wall trying to do the exact same thing as OP. I'd +1 you if that was an option. : )