question

Skurry avatar image
Skurry asked

In-app product detail page as interstitial ad replacement?

Since Amazon does not (yet?) offer interstitial mobile ads, would it be an acceptable use of the Mobile Associates API to display a product detail page in let's say a three minute interval between the stages of a game, as you would do it with "regular" interstitial full screen ads? I would choose certain paid apps to promote, which may or may not be related to my game, configured remotely. Or is it against the rules to show product promotions without user interaction?
mobile associates
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. The Mobile Ads API currently does not off an interstitial ad format. Look out for a future enhancement with this feature. In the meantime, you may present a mobile associates product in an interstitial ad format within your app.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Skurry avatar image
Skurry answered
Thanks!
10 |5000

Skurry avatar image
Skurry answered
Okay, I did some testing, and it seems this is not a feasible solution. Reasons: (1) The product in-app detail page takes too long to open. About 10 seconds. (2) I'm showing an app as the product. The user taps the BUY button, gets taken to the product page on amazon.com in the browser. When tapping BUY there, the browser redirects the user to the native app store on the device, but loses the product context (and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any commission for any subsequent purchases). Oh well, it was a nice idea.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thanks Skurry for the feedback. Few things, 1. Can you please provide the ASINs you are trying for our investigation? 2. Why dont you you try In App Shopping for the same reason?
10 |5000

Skurry avatar image
Skurry answered
1. I was using B00992CF6W for my tests 2. That's a good idea! I didn't try mainly because it looks more complicated to implement. If I have the time, I'll take a look.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thanks for the ASIN info.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Skurry, ASIN: http://www.amazon.com/Mojang-Minecraft-Pocket-Edition/dp/B00992CF6W is an app ASIN which is not covered as per our Operating Agreement. Please refer https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/operating/exclusions?ie=UTF8
10 |5000