question

Dru89 avatar image
Dru89 asked

Search by UPC/ISBN

Hello! I was wondering if there was any possibility in the Amazon Mobile Associates API to search by UPC/ISBN. I see that the ShoppingService has the search(...) and searchById(...) methods. Of the two, search(...) seems more relevant, since I only have a UPC and not an ASIN to search with. Do either of these operations support searching by UPC or ISBN? Thanks! -Drew
mobile associates
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
The search API exposed in MAA currently support a search by ASIN. Searching for a product based ISBN is not directly supported. Your best option would be to use the Product Advertising API to programmatically lookup an ASIN for a given ISBN outside of the app. http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/EX_LookupbyISBN.html You should also be aware of this https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/advertising/api/detail/agreement.html?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_i=assoc-api-detail-5-v2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=&pf_rd_r=&pf_rd_s=assoc-center-1&pf_rd_t=501&ref_=amb_link_83957651_1 "You will not, without our express prior written approval, use any Product Advertising Content on or in connection with any site or application designed or intended for use with a mobile phone or other handheld device (which prohibition does not apply to any site that is not designed or intended for use with such devices but that may be accessible by such devices, such as a non-mobile-optimized site accessed via an internet browser on a tablet device), or any television set-top box (e.g., digital video recorders, cable or satellite boxes, streaming video players, blu-ray players, or dvd players) or Internet-enabled television (e.g., GoogleTV, Sony Bravia, Panasonic Viera Cast, or Vizio Internet Apps)."
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.