question

shaikot-appinoid avatar image
shaikot-appinoid asked

SearchRequest INVALID_PARAMETER while adding filterType

I am getting INVALID_PARAMETER while adding filters in SearchRequest. However, search is working fine for me with no filter added. Here is my code chunk. String category = "All"; String term = "shoes"; SearchRequest request = new SearchRequest(category,term); request.addFilter(FilterType.Brand, "Nike"); AssociatesAPI.getShoppingService().search(request); Thanks in advance Message was edited by: shaikot_appinoid
mobile associates
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thanks for reporting this. I am checking with concerned team here. I will get back to you shortly.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shaikot-appinoid answered
Hi Sujoy, Any update on this? Thanks!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Not yet.
10 |5000

Can you please let me know if this a problem with mobile associates sdk or my code?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Shaikot, The request that has following combination which is not supported: Category: All SortType: Relevance FilterType: Brand Search only supports certain types of combination of category, sortType and filterType.
10 |5000

Hi, Thanks for your response. Can you please let me know from where I can learn more about these combinations? Which combination works, which don't. That'll be really helpful Thanks!
10 |5000

Bipin@Amazon avatar image
Bipin@Amazon answered
10 |5000

Brian avatar image
Brian answered
I was having the same problem and run a few tests. The only combination that worked with a BRAND filter was category: all Sort type: SortType.PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH Also, note that if you add multiple filters of the same type only the last one seems to be used. I was trying to search using multiple brands without success
10 |5000