question

asylumlabs avatar image
asylumlabs asked

Adobe AIR ane testing problem showing unavailable Skus

Whether I test using the Amazon SDK Tester with a downloaded JSON file of my IAP items or deploy a test build from the Live App testing service, when my code tries to get the list of IAP products available, a proper list is returned but they are each designated as an "Unavailable SKU" and the debug display in logcat shows a response code of SUCCESSFUL_WITH_UNAVAILABLE_SKUS. The IAP items have been setup in the developer console and show a status of "Ready To Submit". There doesn't seem to be any way to submit prior to actually submitting my production build, which, of course, I don't want to do until I have finished testing my IAP system. I am using the v1.0 of the ane which I used successfully 2 years ago on another product so I fairly sure my implementation is correct unless something fundamental has changed to make v1.0 no longer work right. Any ideas or help would be most appreciated! Thanks
mobile associates
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

WangChao@Amazon avatar image
WangChao@Amazon answered
Getting the response code means you have integrated IAP correctly. Only you need to double confirm that the SKUs used in your source code are same as the ones in the json file, and the json file is put at the root directory of your SD card. Please check https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs/sdk-tester-deprecated for detailed information. To test IAP with Live App Testing, you will need to submit the IAP items and wait for them to go Live before starting the test.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

asylumlabs avatar image
asylumlabs answered
Ok, after moving the json file to the root directory of the device, my IAP items are visible. It does NOT work if the file is in the root directory of my SD card. The documentation is incorrect about the correct placement of the json file, at least for my Kindle Fire device. So all is well, except I don't understand how to get it to work with Live App Testing. Is there a way to submit the IAP items without submitting the App for your review & publication which would defeat the purpose of fully testing the app with IAP before submitting? Thanks again
10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon answered
Glad to know you've made it. You can enter the in-app items for your IAP-integrated app independently from submitting your app. Please check https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/submitting-copy
10 |5000

asylumlabs avatar image
asylumlabs answered
Thanks for your responses so far, I'm still not clear how to test my IAP items in Live App Testing. I am using Adobe Air and therefore using v1.0 of IAP and have tested in sand box mode via the Amazon SDK Tester. As afar as I can tell, though there is a v2.0 ane/swc included in the SDK2.0 zip called AmazonIapV2Extension, there is no documentation to describe how to use it. Is there any documentation for this and/or is this ane/swc to be used? If so, point to the documentation that describes the AIR swc, not the Android v2.0 as they are clearly different (I can look inside the AmazonIapV2Extension.swc and see that the class names are not the same as the Android v2.0 ones) helpful. Anyway, since I am using v1.0, from what I've read I can't use the new Amazon App Tester as it is incompatible with v1.0 IAP. I tried anyway by removing the Amazon SDK tester and downloading the App Tester and making sure the IAP JSON file is in mnt/sdcard. The first few times I ran the App Tester it took me to a page for installing my game which I did. Runnnng the game showed no IAP items. After un-installing and re-installing the game a few times and the App Tester itself. The App Tester no longer does anything, shows a black screen for a few seconds and then exits. I have shutdown my Kindle a few times too. Any ideas? Thanks
10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon answered
Please check https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/iap-plugin-methods-and-events-for-adobe-air for detailed information about IAP AIR Plugin 2.0. And more knowledge base articles are on the way, please stay tuned. Regarding your test issue, please use SDK Tester to test IAP v1. If you keeps seeing app force close, please get adb logcat and check what the root cause is. Thanks.
10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon answered
Please enjoy In-App Purchasing v2 for Adobe Air at https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=5960&tstart=0. Thanks.
10 |5000