question

J avatar image
J asked

Sales Down 90%

5 days ago my sales plummeted over 90% and have stayed that way ever since. I see the message on the dashboard page that Amazon Merch will be limiting sales while it deals with the unexpected high demand but I am a little curious about their method of doing so. When my sales suddenly dropped I thought that they were going to remove some merch items from the site while they figured out the logistics on their end. However, all of my products are still available on Amazon, yet my sales are down to nearly nothing. Is it possible that I can see my items on the Amazon website but the general public can't see them? Is anyone else having this issue? I am basically wondering how exactly Amazon is limiting sales while still having the products available on their site, and if I can expect to see sales return to normal after they figure out how to better handle the orders from Merch. Thanks All !
merch by amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Klein avatar image
Klein answered
J, I have this EXACT same issue. Identical. I have emailed merch a few times with no response and have highlighted these issues and others. Judging from your experience and mine I presume that this should be cleared up within the next few weeks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

J avatar image
J answered
Hi George, Although I feel bad for you being in the same position, I am a bit relieved that it's not just issues on my end. I'm still curious though... I wonder how the sales halted to near zero while the items are still available on the Amazon website. I wonder if they were implementing some sort of advertising to draw customers to our products and have decided to stop doing that until they can get the fulfillment issues sorted out. Either way, I hope things return to normal soon and am eagerly awaiting Amazon's response which hopefully lets us know that business will eventually pick back up. Cheers.
10 |5000

Ricardo Almeida avatar image
Ricardo Almeida answered
I've posted about that in other thread. My sales grew 300% in the second week... The third week it fell 65%. And after that I had almost no sale. And all that after the message saying that there would be some "limitations" because of the high demand.
10 |5000

L. Frase avatar image
L. Frase answered
This is a curious question. I ordered two shirts. The wait time for delivery is two weeks. I've searched using my keywords (topic really), and found my shirts in the listings (two on the first page), so they are not suppressing the listings, although I did notice that a newer shirt says that it's out of stock.
10 |5000

Careful Reader avatar image
Careful Reader answered
It would seem we're all drooping in the sales department, so it would seem Amazon is still working out the kinks. Our only recourse will be to wait it out with patience. I'm not overly fond of patience, by the way. :-)
10 |5000

L. Frase avatar image
L. Frase answered
Careful Reader - That's why patience is a virture. It's hard! LOL!
10 |5000

Careful Reader avatar image
Careful Reader answered
Virtue isn't all it's cracked up to be.
10 |5000

Leia@Amazon avatar image
Leia@Amazon answered
We have received an overwhelmingly positive response to Merch by Amazon, and as a result, we are experiencing unexpected demand. At this time, we are working aggressively to increase our production capacity, but in the meantime we have limited stock and extended shipping times to ensure your customers receive their orders on time. We will stop limiting orders as quickly as possible. You can see updates on this in the Merch portal messages section. Thank you for your continued interest in Merch by Amazon.
10 |5000

J avatar image
J answered
It's interesting to know that simply extending shipping times is so detrimental to sales. Having the "Usually ships within 5 to 7 days" notice on our products is apparently the crux, as it appears that most sizes and colors are still available in my listings. At any rate, thank you Leia for the response!
10 |5000

ButtonMonkeys avatar image
ButtonMonkeys answered
Where is the "Merch portal messages section" ?
10 |5000