question

multichrome avatar image
multichrome asked

Who bought my App?

Where can a developer get the information who downloaded his app? E.g. if a customer requests support for an app, how can the developer check that the request comes from a legitimate customer and not from someone who stole his app? Currently it seems that developers need to force their "Amazon"-Customers to register their purchase with the developers servers. Is it intended this way? Thanks!
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

multichrome avatar image
multichrome answered
Anyone?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chris avatar image
Chris answered
I guess if they bought your app they'd have received a receipt for your app via email. So if you wanted to verify that a support request was coming from someone who legitimately purchased your app then you could ask them to forward the receipt email to you.

multichrome avatar image
multichrome answered
Thanks for the suggestion! Ok, that would make it a little more secure, although it seems I've nothing to compare it to!