question

multichrome avatar image
multichrome asked

Nice!

I was wondering why my app was stuck in the "approved" state for over a week now until Amazon answered my inquiry today with the following text: "Thank you for writing back. You will need to submit your Tax Identity Interview before 06/14/13 so that your existing live apps will not be automatically suppressed from the store. However, now that the IRS requires the Tax Identity Interview to be complete, we are not able to publish new apps, or updates of existing apps, until you have submitted this interview. Please fill out and submit this interview and we will notify you if there are any errors or issues." So I have time until 06/14/2013 to complete the tax form, but have to do it immediately because Amazon uses the updates to pressure me in the right direction. And this mainly to the disadvantage of their (and my) customers, who have paid Amazon to be able use this app (what includes getting updates). And funnyly they keep selling it! So the tax information is important enough to stop the updates, but not important enough to stop selling! This is completely unprofessional and unreliable! It has nothing to do with professional software development and distribution! You can do this with games and small tools, but not with complex apps that customers rely on for their daily work! This clearly shows where this app store is targeted at! If they had informed me in the first place that they need this information immediately, I had waited until I had all the necessary information myself. Now I have to wait for my tax authority providing me with a tax id, while my customers urgently wait for the update not knowing the reasons for the delay (caused by this kindergarten). What annoys me the most is that they hadn t even informed me, if I hadn t asked them! Now I have to write the next eMail, in order to ask them to stop selling my app, because I cant do that myself in this "sophisticated" app portal! Great!
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

multichrome avatar image
multichrome answered
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

multichrome avatar image
multichrome answered
UPDATE: Amazon has now switched the update to status "live"! (thanks!) I dont know why that was suddenly possible, but at least my customers can now get the new version! One of my customers asked Amazon for a refund, because of the missing update. Amazon answered quick and allowed him to give the app back, because of the special circumstances. So enduser support is still very good! Maybe the whole mess was just a big misunderstanding, although I still dont know what exactly is going on!
10 |5000

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Glad to know that your issue is resolved now. We hope to serve you better next time.
10 |5000