question

Mike Farm avatar image
Mike Farm asked

Turning DRM on for a new app. version, where older versions have DRM off

I have an app. on Amazon and am getting ready to release a new version. I would like to apply DRM to the new version but the old version did not have DRM. When I switch the DRM response from no to yes I get the message 'Warning: This DRM setting differs from past versions of the application. This may impact existing users of your application.'. Can anyone let me know what the 'impact' of switching from a non-DRM to DRM will be for my 'existing users'? thanks, Mike
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. Once you apply DRM for an existing non-DRM'ed app, existing customers who download the update and subsequently remove or log out of the Appstore client will not be able to access the installed application. Please go through the below link for more information on Amazon DRM. http://www.amazonappstoredev.com/2011/03/amazon-appstore-digital-rights-management-simplifies-life-for-developers-and-customers.html
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.