question

wtflolomgbbq avatar image
wtflolomgbbq asked

Free for a day?

How do I make my app "free for a day"? I want to promote my app, get it out there for people to get excited and maybe generate a buzz, but I don't want to switch it to "Free" in case it gets stuck there (like Google Play does). Who do I contact? I just want to turn the spigot on for a day for my Virtual Cat toys HD app.
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
The Free App of the Day is our premier promotion in the Amazon App Distribution Program. Each day, the app we select is featured in some of the most visible placements in the Amazon App Distribution Program. These placements and the exposure they provide drive significant traffic to the featured apps and allow the developers to quickly grow their installed base. In fact, it is common for apps to be downloaded more than 75,000 times on the day they are featured in the Free App of the Day. That volume of new users can not only generate great word-of-mouth publicity for your app, but can also provide a compelling opportunity for you to monetize your apps downstream. If you’d like to nominate your app for inclusion in the Free App of the Day program, locate the app within the Distribution Portal, and on the Availability & Pricing tab, find the Free App of the Day (FAD) eligibility option at the bottom of the page, select the “Yes, please consider this app for the program” check box. You can get some more information on FAD at this blog: http://www.amazonappstoredev.com/2012/08/free-app-of-the-day-marketing-tip-of-the-day-3.html If you are looking for other means to promote your app at Amazon, you can also go through Marketing FAQ for more information: https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html#Marketing
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.