question

A. Ronen avatar image
A. Ronen asked

Tax setup doesn't seems to save the EIN number

In the final form it shows blank, and when I go back to the section of its input, it's also blank ???? Does it do it on purpose for confidentiality reasons ? or do you have a bug ?
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Elmo avatar image
Elmo answered
Maybe this is for security reasons, is it completely blank or are there some XX inside? When you enter the ITIN or EIN and hit the continue button - it also shows some XX.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A. Ronen avatar image
A. Ronen answered
it's blank. Amazon needs to clarify the subject.

A. Ronen avatar image
A. Ronen answered
Amazon, can I get an answer please ?

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Ronen, Sorry for delay in getting back to you. The final form does not show blank but it shows the data entered by you however the EIN number is not displayed due to security reasons. I tested it and it worked fine for me. This might have happened due to some other reason like slow network connectivity issue, etc. Also, you need to use the Interview navigation rather than the browser navigation buttons or your inputs may be lost. So if you click the back button on the browser and not the one provided in the interview, you may get the blank page. You can get more information on Tax setup at the following link https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html#TaxIdentityInterview Regards, Sachin

Elmo avatar image
Elmo answered
The final form is showing a blank iTIN field and blank foreign tax number - for me as well. I'm using Google Chrome and do not use Browser back and for buttons. I now sent the form with those blank fields. I also already sent in a W-8BEN form to Amazon mailing address and got it accepted by a Financial Analyst - Accounts Payable-Tax from Amazon. But finally they told me now to fill the tax interview on the developer page anyway. Why that? I wonder why Amazon can't be more precise on this very important step in the tax interview!

Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Happyelmo, We are looking into your issue and will get back to you once we have an update. Can you also raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with us which will help us to get more insight into your problem. Thank you.

MochiBits avatar image
MochiBits answered
This is what I got via Amazon support email. "Thank you for writing in. The tax identification number that you provide during the interview is not presented again in the final review of the form but it is still collected. Thank you for providing your tax identity. There is no further action required at this time. We will notify you if we need any additional information."

Sachin@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. We have forwarded this issue to the concerned team. Stay tuned for further updates on Mobile App Distribution Portal.