question

Martin Finch avatar image
Martin Finch asked

Does the Amazon app store search algoritm change often?

Hi there. I've noticed that our game downloads have been getting lower this past week, and yesterday they were the lowest in quite a while. I've read a lot about the amazon app store getting bigger and bigger and so it would make sense that our games get downloaded more. Does amazon often change around its search algoritm to weigh the name of an app higher than the keywords, or weigh reviews more heavily etc? Do reviews matter a lot when it comes to ranking an app on the store? SEO (search engine optimisation) or ASO (app store optimisation) is a major part of our strategy and its something I often read about for the apple app store. And so I want to open this discussion here so we can understand more together about amazon SEO and search. So far things are going quite well on amazon for us but we need a more solid marketing strategy to be a success here, and SEO is a part of this. Thanks all Martin
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tuned for Fun / SSG avatar image
Tuned for Fun / SSG answered
I too have noticed a fairly dramatic decrease with our app sales, almost out of nowhere, starting yesterday. Seems out of the ordinary from our history with the service.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rebelwax avatar image
rebelwax answered
I'm wondering if it's just a reporting issue. I'm seeing the same here.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. We are not aware of any change to the search algorithm.