question

Bethany avatar image
Bethany asked

one problem with the SDK

When I turn my android project 'targetSdkVersion' to 14, the SDK becomes weird. Looks like the AdLayout's indirect father view's layout attributes like (paddingLeft or marginLeft) will pass on to the ads(only these products in amazon.com ads). So these kind of ads look like being cut of a little bit in the right. It seems the pixels that being cut of is exactly is how much pixels the indirect father view's paddingLeft. If your paddingLeft is to big, the ad will be a blank white view but clickable. But after I changed targetSdkVersion to 10, there is no such problem.
mobile ads
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Bethany, Thank you for your post. Could you please post your layout xml (ad view and it's parent view) what shows this pixel issues? We would verify it on our end.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bethany avatar image
Bethany answered
this is a layout which contains the ad. I put this layout in a listview:

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Bethany, Thank you for sharing the layout. We have raised the issue with concern team. I will post back after I get update from them.

Matt15@Amazon avatar image
Matt15@Amazon answered
Hey Bethany, The issue that you're describing is an uncommon problem that affects certain rich media ads on some Android 4.0 phones. As you already mentioned, one way to resolve this issue is to reduce the target Android SDK version. Another action that you can take to resolve this issue is to make the AdLayout larger -- for example, set its width to MATCH_PARENT or at least measure the dimensions in dp instead of px. We recommend creating an AdLayout of size at least 300dpx250dp if you'd like to load the 300x250 ad size. In the meantime, we are working on a more general solution. Does this help? Thanks Matt

Bethany avatar image
Bethany answered
the space I want to put the adView is smaller than 300dp*250dp, so the latter solution is not my solution. Other than change target SDK, I guess the team who code the sdk will find a common solution. please inform me when you guys fix this bug

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Surely we will do that.