question

Denis Lapiner avatar image
Denis Lapiner asked

[FEATURE REQUEST]Ads availability for users location check

I have integrated Amazon Ads into my game with a fallback to AdMob, if no Amazon Ad is loaded. Every time I refresh the Ad I first request it at Amazon and if it fails at AdMob. Unfortunately this means a very low fill rate in Amazon statistics, since all requests from outside the US fail. The feature I request is a way to find out if the current user's region is served by Amazon Ad Network. For example: 1. a fail code like REGION_NOT_SUPPORTED (for every request outside US) instead of NO_FILL error code OR 2. an extra function like AdLayout.IsCurrentRegionSupported that would ask a remote Amazon service if the region is supported
mobile ads
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

F. Heft avatar image
F. Heft answered
Is a low fill rate a problem (other than cosmetic)? I am also looking for best practices on how to integrate Amazon Ads with AdMob as quite a lot of my users are coming from outside the US. But I would have implemented it the way you have it (try Amazon first, switch to AdMob if it fails) – but I'm concerned about the fill rate you mentioned?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Denis Lapiner avatar image
Denis Lapiner answered
I don't think that it is a problem, but it just changes the statistics... I don't think that it changes the earning any how. However it makes unnecessary use of player's internet connection.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Freebordmad, I have forwarded your suggestion to the team dealing with Ads. I will let you know about their comment on it. Thanks for the feedback.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hello, The Amazon Ad Network currently only supports US customer base. Our recommendation for the developer is the following: If an app's customer base is mainly in the US, then they can follow the recommendation of calling Amazon first, and then Ad mob, if Amazon does not return an ad. However, if an app's customer base is mainly outside the US, then they might want to use Amazon as the back fill. Also, if a developer has enableTesting = true, they should always see an ad regardless of which country they are in. If this isn't the case for you, please send us a logcat through ContactUs, with enableLogging = true, that contains our ad request.