question

Martin Finch avatar image
Martin Finch asked

Are apps automatically available on kindle devices when uploaded to amazon?

Hi all. This might be a stupid question but I need to check as I don't have a Kindle device. If I upload an android game to be available on the amazon app store, does it automatically become available on kindle devices as well? Thanks all Martin
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
We provide a device targeting feature which enables you to take a single app and target specific APKs to specific Amazon devices, as well as target a single, general APK that covers all other non-Amazon Android devices. While submitting a new app on mobile distribution portal, under the "Binary File(s)" tab, you get "Device Support" option to select target devices for the uploaded binary. For more information, please follow our FAQ on device targeting https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html#DeviceTargeting Hope this info helps.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin Finch avatar image
Martin Finch answered
Thanks Sachin :)

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
You are welcome :)