Cannot compile and run Simple Ad Sample because of error on AdSize. Ad failed to load. Code: REQUEST_ERROR, Message: Can't load an ad because a custom ad size is specified, but ad size dimensions are not configured using AdTargetingOptions.setAdvancedOption( ... ) with key 'sz'. No other infomation is provided. Where do we set AdTargetingOptions? Is there and example or sample? Thanks
Hi I have same issue but little bit different. I just try sample code. But when I press "Load Ad' button, it says "Ad failed to load. Code: INTERNAL_ERROR, Message: Ad could not render." So I was wondering why, but I can't find any explanation about it on document. Please help me....
The Amazon Mobile Ad Network supports ad sizes of 300x50, 320x50, and 300x250 for phones and 600x90, 728x90, and 1024x50 for tablets. Your app should request a device-appropriate size, which will be scaled to your ad view. Looks like there is some problem with the size attribute in the AdLayout declaration. What ad size are you trying to load? Also, please validate that the same size is declared in layout xml? e.g.: If the ad is created dynamically, then the size needs to be declared as follows: new AdLayout(this, AdSize.AD_SIZE_320x50) You can find more information on Ad Sizes at the following link:
Hi I just tried sample code on my "kindle fire HD" to use all of adsize(300x50, 320x50, 300x250, 600x90, 728x90, 1024x50). But it said same like before(Ad failed to load. Code: INTERNAL_ERROR, Message: Ad could not render). Please advise another way to solve that problem.
Hello Alpha, The "Can't load an ad because a custom ad size is specified" message you were seeing was likely due to an issue that sometimes arises when the ad size is defined via XML. To fix the problem, please update to Amazon Mobile Ads API version 4.0.9. This is the current version that can be downloaded from the main site:
https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/mobileads.html Thanks Matt
Hello SH, The issue you are seeing does not appear to be related to the one reported by Alpha. If you're still seeing the problem after upgrading to 4.0.9, please open up a new thread with details about your implementation and we will be happy to advise you. Matt