question

Elmo avatar image
Elmo asked

Tax Identity setup

Hello, can someone explain to me what "derive of income" is. I'm trying to fill the Tax Identity section of the developer portal - and I'm stuck on "Do you derive the income for which you can claim treaty benefits? Yes/No". Thanks for any hint!
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Elmo avatar image
Elmo answered
Nobody an idea? Even Amazon support is not answering :/

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
U.S. tax law requires us to report royalty payments made to entities and persons resident outside of the United States and to withhold and remit taxes on such royalty payments to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Although you may also be required to report and pay taxes to your own government, we are not involved in this process. The standard tax-withholding rate applied to royalty payments made to residents outside of the United States is 30%. If you are a non-U.S. developer and your country of residence has an existing income tax treaty with the U.S., provided you furnish us with a valid IRS Form W8-BEN (and/or other required documentation), you may be eligible for a reduced rate of U.S. tax withholding on the royalty payments you receive. Please go through the below link for detailed information on this https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html#SalesPaymentTax

mrcarlosp avatar image
mrcarlosp answered
I suggest that it's most likely you should tick NO, based on this, from the Tax Interview Guide: "An item of income paid to an entity is considered to be derived by the entity only if the entity is not fiscally transparent under the laws of the entity’s jurisdiction with respect to the item of income"