question

M Twain avatar image
M Twain asked

US developers - still haven't received?

I see a lot of international shipments are being delivered for the free Kindle Fire. However, international is getting the KF HD, but US is supposedly getting the KF HDX. Have US devs received it yet? I still haven't.
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lpixel avatar image
lpixel answered
No, I haven't received notification from Amazon that the Kindle has shipped yet (US).
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin avatar image
Martin answered
I'm not a US developer, got the Fire HD, BUT I never got a notification before (beside that shipping form I had to fill). So maybe it's the same for you guys. It just came one day. :)
10 |5000

ez4nick avatar image
ez4nick answered
I thought I remembered reading somewhere in one of these posts that someone from Amazon said the shipping window was from November 30th to december 31st. I guess that must not be the case then.
10 |5000

jtpdev avatar image
jtpdev answered
Nope, didn't receive mine neither. I did receive the email with the link to complete the form but since then there was no email received. I did check from time to time my SPAM folder just in case but nothing to be found there except the usual SPAM. I think that since Amazon shipped a non HDX to other countries they most likely had those in stock and available... US dev may be 'last' in line to get the HDX. Interesting that apparently Amazon now is changing the terms and folks outside the USA that receive already their Kindle HD are now going to receive an HDX which I think is totally fair since those Dev did participate for the same Ad program as the US ones.
10 |5000

ez4nick avatar image
ez4nick answered
Just want to let you guys know I am in the US and did receive mine today and it was the 16 gb Kindle Fire hdx. Thank you amazon!
10 |5000

lpixel avatar image
lpixel answered
Thanks, ez4nick. How was it delivered, UPS or FedEx? Also, did you have to sign for it? (Just so I am aware what to be looking out for).
10 |5000

ez4nick avatar image
ez4nick answered
It was delivered via UPS ground and yes a signature was required. I checked the tracking info and it originated very close to my house, only took overnight to come.
10 |5000

jtpdev avatar image
jtpdev answered
Did you receive any email prior to the shipping telling you that it was on its way? Thank!
10 |5000

ez4nick avatar image
ez4nick answered
Nope
10 |5000

M Twain avatar image
M Twain answered
Got a knock on my door this morning with a brand new HDX!
10 |5000