question

Maj avatar image
Maj asked

impression count dropped

I saw a big drop this week on number of impressions and requests down from 60k/day to 20k. Anyone getting similar results?
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Maj, We see that the impression has again gone up in your app.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maj avatar image
Maj answered
Thanks for getting back to me, I am using Amazon with Admob and when there is no ads available for amazon, Admob appears, 16 Feb 2014 Stats: Amazon Ads Impressions about : 45000 Admob Impressions ( For USA only ) : 140,000 I think Amazon is not serving all US traffic.
10 |5000

Maj avatar image
Maj answered
** Update ** I found an issue with my code which removes the Amazon ad view when there is no Ad available, so this might be the case, I will post an update in a week or so regarding this.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Maj, Did you mean that you have a defect detecting the Amazon Ads availability and falling back to Admob if Amazon Ad is not available in your app? Is that causing the difference of impressions you mentioned in your previous post?
10 |5000

Maj avatar image
Maj answered
Hi Sujoy, Well I have tried it again, the code is now correct ( many updated the app too ), it is set to fall over on Admob when there is no Amazon ads available and show Amazon when there is any, Having said that, using an IP locator code, we only diverting US traffic on Amazon so we expect to get a high fill rate, We have investigated this; our daily US banner impressions is over 200,000 on our Android platform, while Amazon is only serving about 1/3 of the US traffic and rejecting the rest. Here are the results we came up with: Admob Stats for yesterday for US banners: Country Requests Impressions United States 150,857 149,941 Amazon Stats for yesterday for US banners: Requests Impressions 126,122 53,465 Please note that our app only requests Amazon ads if they are from US ( we identify this using a remote config we load ) and we are pretty sure its accurate.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, Thanks for sharing the details.
10 |5000