question

kuan avatar image
kuan asked

the RPM of Mobile Ads suddently drop to half

hello all,,did you notice your RPM of Mobile Ads drop much on Mar 25? my average RPM is 1.00 USD,,but suddently droped to 0.48USD from Mar 25,,what happend?
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kuan, I can see that the total RPM for your account is $0.97. Is this changed after you have reported it here?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kuan avatar image
kuan answered
thank your reply,my RPM is around $1.0 each day,but my RPM dropped much from Mar 25(0.48 on Mar 25,0.49 on Mar 26...),,my RPM dropped to half suddently (Never happened before),i don't know what happend?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kuan, RPM = (Estimated earnings / Number of page views) * 1000 You can see now that the value depends upon 2 other factors what are also variable. Since your RPM dropped for only few days and has gone up again to normal value, I am not considering it as concern. If the same thing repeats in future please get back to me I will try to get that clarified from the concerned team. Thanks.
10 |5000

kuan avatar image
kuan answered
hi Sujoy, my eCPM suddently droped to half these days(normal is around $1.0,,but now is around $0.5),,i contacted the Mobile Ads service 3 times and it passed 2 days ,,but nobody answer me.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kuan, We got your case clarified by internal appropriate team here and they said eCPM and fill rate changes happened due to the advertiser mix on our network. So it seems that the Ads back end is tuned some what for optimal filling.
10 |5000

kuan avatar image
kuan answered
hi,the eCPM can go normal? my eCPM now is $0.3 ,,just 1/3 of normal ,, my earnings drops much much..
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
There are many factors that influence eCPM such as app content, ad placements, and advertising campaigns that match your user base. As a result, every app will see different performance.
10 |5000

kuan avatar image
kuan answered
hi Sujoy , Are you able to view my Mobile Ads Performance reports?if you can view my Mobile Ads Performance reports,you will find out the abnormal eCPM,my eCPM was around USD1.0 over the past more than 10 months,,but suddently drop to around $0.48 from Mar 25,2014. I can not get the specific reason that make the eCPM drops to half suddently,i do not how to make the eCPM go normal,could you help me?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kuan, Yes, I can see your Ads Performance Report and it's unfortunate that your earning has gone down > 50% We have already clarified your case from the internal appropriate team here. We have made some internal changes (advertiser mix on our network) for optimization. As a result eCPM and fill rate changes happened for a number of developers like you. I am sorry to say that I can not help on this any more. Very Sorry!!
10 |5000